[protege-discussion] uri, frames, owl or not

Richard Bogosian rwbogosian at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 11:00:44 PDT 2010

If I don't provide a web address, the Continue button remains disabled; only Cancel is enabled. It does seem that I am forced to provide a web address. It would not accept a name only nor a disk-based location. The Continue button is only enabled after I put in web address. This occurs in the first window, Ontology ID. It says:

Please specify the ontology IRI.

The ontology IRI is used to identify the ontology in the context of the world wide web. It is recommended that you  set the ontology IRI to be the URL where the latest version of the ontology will be published.  If you use a version IRI, then it is recommended that you set the version IRI to be the URL where this version of the ontology will be published.