[protege-discussion] uri, frames, owl or not

Ed - 0x1b, Inc. semantics at 0x1b.com
Mon Aug 2 21:55:49 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Richard Bogosian
<rwbogosian at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I solved the problem. The Ontology IRI does not accept back slash; I used a
> disk location with forward slash and the Continue button was enabled. Thanks
> to all for your input.

yes, the tradition of using only the forward slash (even for windows
file locations) pops up from time to time and can be confusing. I have
not noticed a pattern among the various projects, but I suspect there
is a library that enforces this counter-intuitive/simplified file
designation.

Does anyone know what drives this odd formatting? expat maybe?