[protege-discussion] Transaction Support in Protege Frames

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 4 14:15:52 PDT 2010

Yes, Protege API has support for transactions. When using the database
backend, Protege uses the transaction mechanism in the database engine,
and rollback works properly. However, for the file backend the support
for transactions is not so robust. It uses the UndoFramestore to keep
track of all operations, and knows how to roll them back. Even though,
this may work for most cases, if you want real transaction support, it
is better to use the database backend.

Tania