[protege-discussion] cannot find " protege/lib" after installation

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Fri Aug 6 12:08:21 PDT 2010

On Aug 6, 2010, at 11:26 AM, mbikinyi brat wrote:

> Hi,
> I am following the tutorial  ""CompileProtegeCoreInEclipse" found at
> the link
> http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CompileProtegeCoreInEclipse
>
> Some where in this document it talks of "protege-core/lib"
> folder(see except , Configure the Core Protege Project below). After
> I have installed protege -OWL 3.4.4, I cannot find "protege-core/
> lib", where is it? See screenshot of my protege-OWL 3.4.4
> installation attached.

The instructions refer to the source code installation of Protege.
Not the normal installation as an application.

You only need to do that if you want to compile Protege itself from
the source code using Eclipse.

If all you want to do is develop your own plugins without compiling
the Protege code itself, you only need to include the jar files which
you can get from the application installation.