[protege-discussion] API for Protege

manjula wijewickrema manjula53 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 22:46:44 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have developed a JAVA application in order to retrive ontology information
from a Protege knoledge base. With a view to pass a query from my
application to Protege, one has suggested me to use OWLAPI. So that I have
downloaded OWLAPI 3.0.0 to use for Protege 4.1 alpha.

1) Will it be possible to use owlapi, to quering from my application to
Protege ontology?

2) I have downloaded owlapi 3.0.0 and there are Jar files 'owlapi-bin' and
'owlapi-src'. Do I have to place both these files in my class path? or do I
have to place one of them? (if only one, then which one?). Are there any
other files do I have to place?

If somebody can pls. help me to resolve these matters. I highly appreciate
your kind corporation.

Thanks in advance!

Manjula.