[protege-discussion] connecting for Protege Collaboration

Julian Vincent j.f.v.vincent at bath.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 08:16:22 PDT 2010

We've got the run_protege_server.sh file working and have 'Protege server ready to accept connections . . . ' in the Terminal window.  But still we cannot get two Protege's running on two computers sitting next to each other (on the sofa . .. ) to talk to each other.

We've tried everything we can think of!!  As far as I know the router I use (a new one from the IP) doesn't have a firewall enabled (it uses a WEP password), so that can't be the reason.  Presumably it's the entries made into the "Open Project" window.  What (precisely and completely!) do 'Host Machine Name', 'User Name' and 'Password' refer to?  To whom do the latter two refer to and belong?  What should the hostname and port be?

Au secours!!

Julian and Zora
Laburnum Cottage
48 Frome Road