[protege-discussion] connecting for Protege Collaboration

Jack Elliott jack.elliott at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 13 08:38:21 PDT 2010

Hi Julian and Zora,

When connecting to a 'remote' Protege server, Protege 3.4.x (which is
what I think you are using) needs to know three things; the Protege user
you want to use, the password for that Protege user and the hostname of
the server to connect to.

By default Protege comes configured with a Guest user (password same as
username, but all lowercase), so the entries for User Name should be
Guest and password same again, but all lowercase. The machine name
should be name of the machine you are connecting to.

To find the machine name, go to where you are running the server and
type hostname on the command line. This should give you a name that you
can enter into the Host Machine Name field.

With these three pieces of information, you should be able to click on
OK to connect.

thanks,

Jack