[protege-discussion] connecting for Protege Collaboration

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Fri Aug 13 08:39:56 PDT 2010

Host Machine Name is the hostname (or IP address) of the machine on
which you have run 'run_protege_server.sh'. Make sure to run that on
only 1 of your 2 machines.

As part of the set up of the Protege server (the one that's run the
'run_protege_server.sh'), you need to configure a Protege project
called the metaproject. By default, the Protege server looks in:

<your protege install>/examples/server/metaproject.pprj

for the metaproject. So, you should open this and set it up as
required, using the Protege GUI.

The Client-Server tutorial is very helpful:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Client_Server_Tutorial_Configuration

In here, you will define the usernames and passwords that you'll use
in that connection dialog. Also, you will tell the Protege Server
which projects you want it to serve. Make sure the one that you want
to collaborate on is setup in here, and is located on the server.

You shouldn't need to worry about the port settings if you leave
everything as default.

Hope this gets you guys going. Let me know if not - and how you get on!

Regards

Jonathan

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project.
www.enterprise-architecture.org