[protege-discussion] API for Protege

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 16 09:41:06 PDT 2010

I suspect that you have already found the answer to your questions but
basically you have described the right approach.

> 1) Will it be possible to use owlapi, to quering from my application
> to Protege ontology?

Yes.

> 2) I have downloaded owlapi 3.0.0 and there are Jar files 'owlapi-bin'
> and 'owlapi-src'. Do I have to place both these files in my class
> path? or do I have to place one of them? (if only one, then which
> one?). Are there any other files do I have to place?

Either one.  The advantage of owlapi-src is that if your IDE supports it
you will see the OWL api sources.  I deal with this by downloading the
owl api source tree and loading this into my IDE.  Also if you are
working with Protege 4.1 then the OWL api is included
(org.semanticweb.owl.owlapi.jar) without sources.

-Timothy