[protege-discussion] Key-Word Search in WebProtege

Elena Beisswanger elena.beisswanger at uni-jena.de
Mon Aug 16 14:59:58 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my own WebProtege instance. So far I managed to
load my own ontology and display custom annotation property values in
the class tree on the left in the Classes tab, instead of URIs (for the
latter I did: Protege 3.4.4-> OWL -> Preferences -> Rendering -> chose
the right property -> save). What I couldn't find out so far is how to
search in custom annotation property values using the search box in the
WebProtege Classes tab. Until now, I've been only successful in the case
the search string matched parts of a URI of a class or the value of a
predefined annotation property (e.g., rdfs:label).

Does anybody know, how annotations of a user-defined annotation property
can be made searchable?

This is what I already tried: opene ontology in Protege 3.4.4-> OWL ->
Preferences -> Searching -> Use search synonyms (added my annotation
property) -> save. This worked fine for  Protege 3.4.4, but had no
effect on searching in WebProtege.

I'm looking forward to your response!

Regards, Elena