[protege-discussion] Start page of WebProtege

Jack Elliott jack.elliott at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 17 12:12:37 PDT 2010

Hi Elena,

What you ask for is more than possible, but you will need to alter the
source code of WebProtégé. Complete instructions on how to get started
can be found here:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeDevelopersGuide

To modify the banner at the top of the page I would begin by looking at
the TopPanel class found at (found at
src/edu/stanford/bmir/protege/web/client/ui/TopPanel.java after
completing the checkout). This will allow you complete control of what
appears in the top part of the screen in WebProtege.

To alter the link that reads "To open the same copy of an ontology in
the Protégé rich client, click here", just take look at the addJNLPPanel
method of the OntologiesPortlet class. OntologiesPortlet can be found at
src/edu/stanford/bmir/protege/web/client/ui/ontology/home/OntologiesPortlet.java
under the root of your checked out source code.

thanks,

Jack