[protege-discussion] Start page of WebProtege

Jack Elliott jack.elliott at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 17 13:13:07 PDT 2010

Hi Elena and Jie,

I think we should make the distinction between customizing the layout of
the page, and altering the content of the start screen and top panel.

If you wish to customize the layout of the page (change and tweak the
number, sizing, layout and type of widgets) used when actually editing
the ontology, then changing the xml config as Jie describes is the right
way to go.

If, however, you want to change the content of the ontology selection
screen (displayed before editing any particular ontology) or the panel
that shows up at the top of the screen (when editing any ontology) then
you'll need to modify (slightly) the WebProtege codebase.

thanks,

Jack