[protege-discussion] question about web protege layout configuration

Jie Zheng jiezheng at pcbi.upenn.edu
Mon Aug 30 15:13:06 PDT 2010

I am working on changing the layout of the ontology projects displayed
on the WebProtege.

In the WebProtege layout configuration wiki page, it listed some
predefined Tabs and Portlets. By using
“edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.tab.UserDefinedTab” Tab, I can
add whatever portlets I need in it. Therefore, is there any advantage to
use predefined tab? Is any restriction of Portlets can be used in a
given predefined Tab?

I am interested to show the change history of the terms in my ontology.
The ontology with an associated annotation project. I added a
“edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.tab.UserDefinedTab” Tab with
two Portlets,
“edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.ontology.classes.ClassTreePortlet”
and
“edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.ontology.changes.ChangesPortlet”.
I changed the ontology entity by modifying definition and add a new
annotation property to it. But I did not see any changes recorded when I
view the change history tab. Did I make mistake in layout configuration
or this kind of changes won't be recorded?

I found there is a predefined Tab related to change history which is
"edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.ontology.changeanalysis.ChangeAnalysisTab".
Shall I use that?

Thanks for any help.

Jie