[protege-discussion] evalyation of ontology

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 31 11:23:09 PDT 2010

On 08/30/2010 07:30 PM, Tale Lawrence wrote:
> Dear All, Please can anyone help me with tutorial that can simply
> guide me through evaluating the ontology i just built using OWL
> protege 3.4.1. Thanks.

I don't think that this is a very good answer but one thing that you can
do is to run a reasoner and see if there are any unexpected
conclusions.  The most obvious unexpected conclusion would be that the
ontology is inconsistent or that some classes that you wanted to use are
inconsistent.

I think that the above is a good thing to do but it is far from being
enough.  But in this level of generality I am not sure what to tell
you.  Perhaps someone else will be able to give you a more comprehensive
answer.