[protege-discussion] question about web protege layout configuration

Jie Zheng jiezheng at pcbi.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 31 13:18:27 PDT 2010

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I add the new tab by checking the example of ICD project and
copy the "change history" part with minor modification. The part I added
to the configuration file are shown below:

..... (Individual tab)
</tab>
<tab>
    <name>edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.tab.UserDefinedTab</name>
    <label>Change History</label>
      <properties>
        <entry>
          <string>closable</string>
          <boolean>false</boolean>
        </entry>
      </properties>
      <columns>
        <column>
          <width>0.40</width>
          <portlets>
            <portlet>

<name>edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.ontology.classes.ClassTreePortlet</name>
              <height>600</height>
              <width>200</width>
              </portlet>
          </portlets>
          </column>
          <column>
            <width>0.60</width>
            <portlets>
              <portlet>

<name>edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.ontology.changes.ChangesPortlet</name>
                <height>600</height>
              </portlet>
            </portlets>
          </column>
        </columns>
      <controllingPortlet reference="../columns/column/portlets/portlet"
 ></controllingPortlet>
</tab>
<tab>
....... (Notes tab)

The title of the 'change portlet' changed when I navigated to different
entity in the class Tab. The issue is the changes I made of the entity
didn't shown and not indicate there is changes made in the class
portlets. The changes I made is the definition and annotation property
of a class. I am wondering  whether this kind modification will be
recorded or the change of classes will be automatically recorded if
there is annotation projected associated with the ontology project.

I did go through the webprotege layout wiki page:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeLayoutConfig

However, I cannot find which portlets can be used in which predefined
tab. Another thing, using the predefined Tab, it looks like you still
need to define where and which portlets you would like to add, right?

Thanks again for your help.

Jie