[protege-discussion] question about web protege layout configuration

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 31 14:32:51 PDT 2010

Hi Jie,

Please see inline.

On 08/31/2010 10:18 PM, Jie Zheng wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Actually I add the new tab by checking the example of ICD project and
> copy the "change history" part with minor modification. The part I
> added to the configuration file are shown below:
>
> ..... (Individual tab)
> </tab>
> <tab>
> <name>edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.tab.UserDefinedTab</name>
> <label>Change History</label>
> <properties>
> <entry>
> <string>closable</string>
> <boolean>false</boolean>
> </entry>
> </properties>
> <columns>
> <column>
> <width>0.40</width>
> <portlets>
> <portlet>
> <name>edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.ontology.classes.ClassTreePortlet</name>
>
> <height>600</height>
> <width>200</width>
> </portlet>
> </portlets>
> </column>
> <portlets>
> <portlet>
> <name>edu.stanford.bmir.protege.web.client.ui.ontology.changes.ChangesPortlet</name>
>
> <height>600</height>
> </portlet>
> </portlets>
> </column>
> </columns>
> <controllingPortlet reference="../columns/column/portlets/portlet"
> ></controllingPortlet>
> </tab>
> <tab>
> ....... (Notes tab)
>
> The title of the 'change portlet' changed when I navigated to
> different entity in the class Tab. The issue is the changes I made of
> the entity didn't shown and not indicate there is changes made in the
> class portlets. The changes I made is the definition and annotation
> property of a class. I am wondering  whether this kind modification
> will be recorded or the change of classes will be automatically
> recorded if there is annotation projected associated with the ontology
> project.

Please check that the annotation project is associated correctly with
the main project. In the pprj file when opened in standalone mode, you
also need to enable the collaboration tab, or have the change tracking
flag enabled (Project menu -> Options -> Track changes), otherwise,
changes are not tracked. To check if changes are tracked, please connect
to the Protege server with a Protege client, and open the Changes Tab
and see if your changes are recorded there. If they are not, it means
that you need to do one of the 2 things I mentioned above (enable collab
panel, or enable change tracking). If you did one of the two options,
and it still does not work, please check the metaproject that the
annotations project has the correct path and that it is associated with
the main project.

> I did go through the webprotege layout wiki page:
> http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeLayoutConfig
>
> However, I cannot find which portlets can be used in which predefined
> tab. Another thing, using the predefined Tab, it looks like you still
> need to define where and which portlets you would like to add, right?

Any portlet can be added in any tab.

Cheers,
Tania