[protege-discussion] Building a dynamic questionnaire using Protege

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 11:19:18 PST 2010

Cecilia,

I have not forgotten about this. I have developed a framework for
performing a very basic dynamic questionnaire using Protege as a
platform, but I am not using the standard Protege UI. I had to create
a facet to set the visibility of slots, and then set this slot
visibility on and off based on some rules I developed using some
BeanShell scripts. I  then created a UI to provide the questionnaire
presentation.

Set up, once I did this, was fairly simple. Define a class
'YourQuestionnaire'. Add some slots that are the questions you want to
ask. Set the initial questions to be visible for entry using the
'visibility facet.' As the user answers questions, the bean shell
scripts fire, making visible other slots which are additional
questions. When there is nothing left to fire - then the Questionnaire
is complete.

I had to dig into the programming of Protege to accomplish this. If
you are still interested in this, please let me know - over the
holidays I'll send some snapshots and additional details. Standard
off-the-shelf Protege did not have the facilities to accomplish what I
needed. The good news is Protege seems to be an ideal platform to
leverage to get this accomplished.

Ron

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Cecilia Zanni-Merk
<cecilia.zanni at insa-strasbourg.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am also very interested in the possibility of generating dynamic
> questionnaires using Protege ..
>
> Your suggestions are more than welcome
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Cecilia
>

> Le 03/12/2010 17:44, Ron Schultz a écrit :
>>
>> This may be a silly question - knowing all the efforts done with PSMs
>> and the like - but is there a simpler and more straightforward way to
>> use Protege to build a dynamic questionnaire?

Ron