[protege-discussion] Steps to build an alternative backend for protege 3.4.x

Ian Holsman lists at holsman.net
Sun Feb 7 16:22:36 PST 2010

Hi.

I'm working on building an alternative backend for protege (utilizing
hypergraphdb a graph database).

I'm looking at the DatabaseFrameDb classes for reference, but I was
wondering if there was a simpler way.
Ideally I'd like to have a higher level interface (eg.. not having to
use the NarrowFrameStore and have a getFrame.. or getSlot function) so
that I can reduce the number of calls I would need to actually
store and retrieve the data from the back end, and have it better
optimized for retrieving it, as well as the OWL versions.

any hints?

TIA
Ian