[protege-discussion] Steps to build an alternative backend for protege 3.4.x

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 8 06:46:07 PST 2010

You pretty much have to implement a NarrowFrameStore.  I know that there
are a lot of methods to implement.  The usual advice here is to ask if
an import/export plugin is sufficient.  This which is much easier to
write.  Do you want the graph to change in real time as the user edits
or is it sufficient to be able to read and write to the hypergraphdb format.

If you are creating the backend, you also need to remember to create the
ui plugin allowing the user to use your backend mechanism (e.g. see
DatabaseCreateProjectPlugin).

-Timothy