[protege-discussion] Steps to build an alternative backend for protege 3.4.x

Ian Holsman lists at holsman.net
Tue Feb 9 13:53:09 PST 2010

On 2/9/10 1:46 AM, Timothy Redmond wrote:

> You pretty much have to implement a NarrowFrameStore.  I know that
> there are a lot of methods to implement.  The usual advice here is to
> ask if an import/export plugin is sufficient.  This which is much
> easier to write.  Do you want the graph to change in real time as the
> user edits or is it sufficient to be able to read and write to the
> hypergraphdb format.

to change in real time. I've used the Database set of classes as a base.
I have the basics working, I've just got 2 questions.

isTemplate.. if this is set when we add the value.. what does that
mean.. is it just a flag we need to store and pass back, or should we
store it differently (ie the change would affect ALL frames where the
slot is)

is the unqiue key in add values (Frame/Slot/[Facet]) ? if they specify a
null facet in the 'get' function, should they just get ALL frame/slots
or only the one with no facet defined.?

TIA
Ian