[protege-discussion] Superslot behavior and references.

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 06:17:34 PST 2010

To all:

Is there some reference material available on the use of Superslots? I
researched the Protege site and other references but cannot find anything
specifically relating to Superslots.

   - I was trying to group a suite of application-specific slots into
   categories - so I organized them into a single Superslot.
   - Then I noticed when I go to add a slot to a class - only the Superslot
   appears with all the other Protege supplied slots. None of the slots I
   organized under the Superslot appeared individually.
   - When I added my Superslot, all the slots under the Superslot were
   loaded into my class. I then could not remove any individual slots - only
   the Superslot - which removed all the associated slots I had placed under
   the Superslot.

Is this the expected behavior? Am I misusing the Superslot concept? Is there
another way to accomplish the categorization that I require?

Thanks

--
Ron