[protege-discussion] Install/Uninstall problem on 64-bit Windows 7 PC

Kruse, Kara L. krusekl at ornl.gov
Tue Mar 2 15:49:21 PST 2010

I downloaded the Windows 64-bit version of  Protégé 3.4.3 and tried to install (as admin) on a Windows 7 PC.  It came up with a default install folder of "Program Files (x86)" which I changed to "Program Files".  The install seemed to work, but it did not put any icons on the desktop of in the Start Menu.  When I went to the installed Protégé directory and executed Protégé.exe it asked several times for the admin password before it would continue and come.  Even after I exited and restarted it asked for admin password each time.  I figured something must be wrong with the install and tried to uninstall with admin privileges.  It came up with an error message that the uninstall program did not support 64-bit.  So, how can I force an uninstall so I can try again, maybe with the 4.0 version.

Thanks,
Kara