[protege-discussion] (Protege Server 3.4.3 database-backend) connections to db are not released

sonre rextr06 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 03:09:26 PST 2010

Hi again, we have now another problem. This time with memory.
In [1], there is such an expression:

"For database projects the speed of loading the system is not directly
related to the size of the project. Frames in a database project are loaded
"on demand" and are flushed from the cache when they are no longer needed
and the cache is full"

However, in our case, the time and memory needed for startup are
proportional to the number of projects. With around 35 projects in server,
it takes ~450mb memory space.

Best regards,
-soner

[1] http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/index.php/Scalability_and_Tuning