[protege-discussion] OWLAPI

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 9 11:36:08 PST 2010

> > When I try the third example (load an existing ontology), I have
> > problems with the following function:
> >
> > >ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(uri)
> >
> > When I run the application I get the following error:
> >
> > >Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation
> > problem:
> > Unhandled exception type Exception

This message is telling you that you have unresolved compilation
problems in eclipse.  Eclipse will compile and let you run code with
compilation problems  because this is sometimes useful.   But when you
get to the compilation problem  the running code  will go wrong.

What you need to do is  to add the Problems view to one of your eclipse
perspectives and use it to find and fix compiler errors.  In this case
you have an exception that you either need to rethrow  or catch.

-Timothy