[protege-discussion] Please Help

hana hanna.james88 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 17:47:03 PDT 2010

Dear all,

This is my first time to create an ontology using protege 3.4.4. The
ontology is based on everything that can be advertised in the educational
field.

I would really appreciate helping me find solutions for the following
questions:

1. What is the best project type: RDF files, OWL/RDF files, OWL/RDF
databases etc.?
2. What is the best language profile for creating my ontology: OWL-Lite,
OWL-DL, OWL-Full, or RDF schema and owl?
3. I will have a concept named "record" which I mean by it "school record,
school report, etc." So, my question is do I need to specify that this
record is not a music record? I mean since my ontology doesn't have a music
concept in it.

Thank you so much.