[protege-discussion] implement negation in SWRL

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Fri Mar 19 09:26:49 PDT 2010

On Mar 19, 2010, at 5:05 AM, Nada Bajnaid wrote:

> Hi all
> I need to implement the following rule in protege SWRL tab. It works
> without the negation I tried swrl:booleanNot but it does not work
> for me. I may use it wrong. Will anyone help me solving this problem

Short answer:  You can't.

Longer answer:  http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SWRLLanguageFAQ#nidA3Q

Even if you could write classical negation, open world semantics would
severely limit the circumstances in which the system would be able to
prove that the negation is true.