[protege-discussion] First question, and a test

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Mon Mar 22 12:04:03 PDT 2010

Not sure if the latest version provides that level of access control.

In multiuser mode, certain things are turned off - the forms editor,
for example - which helps.

I use Protege in a similar way and have found that by turning off the
Classes tab and the Slots tab in the Project hides the editing of the
Class structure. Note that I'm using Protege Frames which separates
the definitions of Classes and Instances. Not sure about OWL.
In practice, this hiding of the Classes tab seems to work well for
populating the Instances only in the onotology. Editing of the Classes
is done in a stand one mode, allowing the forms to be edited when the
classes are being defined or refined.

Hope this helps

Jonathan

Sent from my mobile