[protege-discussion] Loading an Ontology

Qingmai Wang qingmai.w at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:27:02 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I am new to protege and also new to this discussion list. I am just starting
to program an JAVA GUI to manage OWL ontology using protege jars. I meet
some problem when I try to load a ontology from a local file. Following is
the code, in which a JFileChooser is used to select the file .

private void OpenFile() throws OntologyLoadException{

      JFileChooser chooser = new JFileChooser();

      FileNameExtensionFilter filter = new FileNameExtensionFilter("OWL
file","OWL");

      chooser.addChoosableFileFilter(filter);

      int result = chooser.showOpenDialog(this);

    if(result == JFileChooser.CANCEL_OPTION) return;

      File file = chooser.getSelectedFile();

      String path = file.getPath();

      path = path.replaceAll("\\\\", "/");

      String uri = "file:///" + path;

      System.out.printf(uri);

      JenaOWLModel owlModel = ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(uri);

}

The Eclipse returns the following errors:

in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory;

I have try to define the String uri straightly as "String uri =
"file:///D:/work/ProtegeDeveloper/travel-saved.owl";" , it remains same
errors.

By the way, it is really confused because it works well when I try the

public static void main(String[] args) throws OntologyLoadException {

            String uri =
"file:///D:/work/ProtegeDeveloper/travel-saved.owl";

            JenaOWLModel owlModel =
ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(uri);

}

Thanks very much if anyone could help

Best regards

Qingmai