[protege-discussion] Simple, practical way to evaluate an Ontology?

Boyce pufftissue at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 18:07:45 PDT 2010

I was told that I need to evaluate an ontology.  From what I've seen, you
can either evalute the structure of the ontology,  how well it fits a corpus
of text, how well it compares to a gold standard, or how well it improves an
application pre and post-ontology integration.

I was hoping for an easy way to do some acceptable form of evaluation
without much prior knowledge of ontologies, because the methods cited in
those papers aren't exactly complete but more importantly, appear to be
beyond my comprehension.  This would be a one-time task, which is why I was
gravitating towards some type of open-source tool.

Thx

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Peris Brodsky [via Protege Ontology Editor
& Knowledge Acquisition System] <
ml-node+1679749-853419301-73371 at n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2B1679749-853419301-73371 at n4.nabble.com>