[protege-discussion] WebProtege Functionality Help

John Mace j.c.mace at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Mar 26 03:01:52 PDT 2010

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been discussed before but I have a few issues regarding WebProtege and wanted to confirm whether the functionality is there.

I have been developing WebProtege 0.5 alpha build 200 svn code which although not complete I have running as a Web application in Tomcat 5.5 after using the supplied ant build file.

I wanted to check if the following should work or is not implemented as yet:

1) I can create new classes etc. in the interface which are saved in the server session but when I shut down and restart the server any added content has disappeared. I have checked the OWL and Protege project files and these have not changed. I wonder whether WebProtege should or is able to write changes directly to the corresponding OWL file. I am using my own OWL files made in Protege 4 release, would there be a compatibility issue here? I have checked file permissions and these seem  fine.

2) I also wonder if there is any functionality in place to view change history and display this in the interface. The build imports the Protege change management jar file and the WebProtege wiki screen shots show 'speech bubbles' next to changed content suggesting this feature should work somehow.

3) I have been looking at the 'notes' functionality and am able to post notes locally, including timestamps etc which appear in the interface but do not appear in a second, remote interface. I wonder if this functionality is in place as yet. Do both users need to be logged in?

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

John