[protege-discussion] protege 3.4 ontology store question

Thomas Russ tar at ISI.EDU
Mon Mar 29 09:05:15 PDT 2010

On Mar 27, 2010, at 2:11 AM, WangLi wrote:

> Hello,
> I will have to make a plugin for P3.4, in this plugin, users can
> fill in
> many information of ontologies, but for now, I have to get an
> general idea
> about that in P3.4 which APIs are used to store the information of
> ontologies and what kind of files are used to store them?

Well, for starters there is some good news.
You don't really need to worry about the actual data storage of the
ontology.  Protege will take care of that all by itself, just by using
the standard load and save methods.

So all you need to do for your plugin is to take the information from
your interface form and add that information to the ontology using the
Protege-OWL API.

This is described with examples for plugins in general and OWL
specifically at
   http://protege.stanford.edu/doc/dev.html
   http://protege.stanford.edu/plugins/owl/api/guide.html
and with Javadocs at