[protege-discussion] PAL Question

Ron Schultz rcaschultz at gmail.com
Tue May 4 19:22:47 PDT 2010

Thanks Samson,

With that in mind, do you or anyone else have a suggestion to address the
need to automatically apply changes to an ontology based on constraint
violations. I have experimented with the plug-in ScriptRules but PAL seems
to be much more robust, and EZ-PAL makes it even easier. I see this as a
candidate for some form of rules processing, so any ideas or insights would
be much appreciated.

Ron

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Samson Tu <swt at stanford.edu> wrote:

>  On 5/4/2010 11:24 AM, Ron Schultz wrote:
>
>> PAL can be used to validate contraints within an ontology. In instances
>> where a constraint is violated, can the PAL language be used to modify
>> slot values to correct the constraint violation? If so, any examples or
>> references would be much appreciated.
>>

> No, PAL language contains no operator to make changes to the ontology.
>
> Samson

Ron