[protege-discussion] exceptions and Frames API

Jonathan Carter jonathan.carter at e-asolutions.com
Wed May 12 08:29:18 PDT 2010

Hi Cecilia,

I've just tried this with the script console and got the following
(which was the kind of thing I expected)

"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: my_ea_repository_v13_Class574 not
unique"

This is the complaining about the instance ID argument to the
#createInstance() method on the KnowledgeBase.

Further trace from this exception is as follows:
: Traceback (innermost last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
	at
edu
.stanford
.smi
.protege
.model.framestore.ImmutableNamesFrameStore.checkUniqueness(Unknown
Source)
	at
edu
.stanford
.smi
.protege
.model.framestore.ImmutableNamesFrameStore.adjustFrameId(Unknown Source)
	at
edu
.stanford
.smi
.protege
.model
.framestore.ImmutableNamesFrameStore.createSimpleInstance(Unknown
Source)
	at
edu
.stanford
.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.createSimpleInstance(Unknown
Source)
	at
edu
.stanford
.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.createInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
edu
.stanford
.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.createInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
edu
.stanford
.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.createInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
edu
.stanford
.smi.protege.model.DefaultKnowledgeBase.createInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)

Hope this helps

Regards

Jonathan

Jonathan Carter
Enterprise Architecture Solutions Ltd

Proud sponsors of The Essential Project.
www.enterprise-architecture.org