[protege-discussion] WebProtege Help

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Wed May 12 12:19:33 PDT 2010

The JavaWeb start will not work with Java 6. There are some differences
from the way Java 5 and Java 6 treat the security for the web start. We
did not investigate in depth the issue with Java 6, yet. But, in any
case, you can still use the rich client, if you use the remote mode of
WebProtege, and connect with a Protege client to the same Protege server
as WebProtege:

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/WebProtegeAdminGuide
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Client_Server_Tutorial_Setup#Testing:_Connect_a_Client_to_the_Server

You may need to configure also some ports for the Protege server
connection if the server will be behind a firewall:
http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Protege_Client_Server_Tutorial_Advanced#Working_with_Firewalls

Tania