[protege-discussion] WebProtege

Tania Tudorache tudorache at stanford.edu
Thu May 27 16:45:53 PDT 2010

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for the question. There are many things going on in
WebProtege, a lot of new cool features have been added to it. We have
now also more people working on it, too. The only thing is that the main
development happens right now in the who branch, not in the trunk. One
of my top priorities is to move the development back to trunk, but so
far other top priorities interfered :) For now, I advise people who want
the latest WebProtege code to use the WHO branch from SVN.

Another thing that is lacking is documentation of the new features.
There are now many more editing widgets available, including a
form-based editor for properties. We also have notification of changes
in the ontology coming and also login though OpenId and https. We are
also working on porting the backend to the OWL-API so that we can
support OWL-2. These are just some of the things going on with
WebProtege, and we expect much more to happen in the near future.

Tania