[protege-discussion] Randomly no displayslots in Protege Client-Server-Mode until server restart.

Hanno Wunderlich hannowun at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 5 07:24:04 PDT 2010

Hi Timothy,

thanks for your reply and for your further investigations.

Yes the changes in the included projects are not visible in real-time. But
as we restart our server every night, this is no real problem.

We already use the activate/deactivate project feature of the protege server
but I thought deactivating the project only makes it invisible for the
clients. I tested it and deactivating and reactivating the project solved
the problem. But as you say only user with administrator rights can
activate/deactivate and so the users have to wait for me to reset the
affected project.

I'm also trying to track down the problem. But as the problem arises
randomly I could not reproduce it while debugging on our test server. As a
workaround i created a ServerJob that takes a groovy-script to the server
and executes it there. With this "hot-debugging" it would be possible to
determine if this is a client-server-communication problem or a problem with
the project loaded on the server.

I also wanted to re-ask if there is an other place to post feature
suggestions, bugs or even contribute to the protege source by posting
patches.

- Hanno