[protege-discussion] questions

Samson Tu swt at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 9 10:58:01 PST 2010

On 10/19/2010 3:27 PM, Phil Shields wrote:
> Thanks for that Timothy, in a typical Medical ward the clinical
> documentation has many data redundancies. Nursing has three major
> theoretical domains
> and they are:
> Physical,Social, psychological and spiritual.
> The physical documentation is grouped together in a heirachy of:
>
> Patient identification, allergy information and event date time stamp
> Admission documentation      Clinical documentation      Discharge documentation
>
> This heirachy works very well.
>
> Each document in the above classes have data properties such as an
> blood pressure in the observation document in clinical documentation,
> this would fall under the "physical" domain.
> In one document most data properties fall under the physical domain
> some in the social and some in the psychological. I would like to
> identify what "domains" the data properties fall in to. Also I would
> like to have slots between data properties in different documents
> identifying their similarity to other data properties in other
> documents.
> This is fun and I may even map out the catastrophe that is clinical
> documentation...this is a high ideal I know, but I just do one little
> thing at a time..Thanks for your help,
> De Phil Shields (ward nurse).

I am not sure I understand all of your requirements. However, you may
want to consider organizing your properties in a hierarchy of
properties. So, for example, you may have a "vital_property" whose
children are systolic_BP, diastolic_BP, weight, pulse, and height
subproperties.

On the other hand, you may want to reconsider these as object
properties, whose values are physical quantities consisting of units and
numbers.

With best regards,
Samson