[protege-discussion] protege_CODE_reuse_Chinese

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 15 06:59:38 PST 2010

On 11/14/2010 08:01 PM, Alex Shkotin wrote:
> Hi Julia,
>
> look in your owl-file directly.
> In RDF/XML source code window not ASCII characters are represented as
> hex codes (of Unicode). like this б.
> Or use OWL browser http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/browser/

This is a case of there being many rdf/xml renderings for the same
thing.  In Protege 3, it looks like the native writer uses the &#...
encodings of Chinese characters.   This is probably what is being used
by the Code->Show RDF/XML source code menu item.  But the jena writer
(used by default) will write the characters using utf-8.  Most text
editors will see utf-8 correctly.  You can switch between the jena
writer and the native writer in the OWL->Preferences->General settings
(near the bottom).

-Timothy