[protege-discussion] a simple questions about owl programming

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Tue Nov 16 11:21:28 PST 2010

On Nov 16, 2010, at 7:07 AM, tingyu li wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a simple question about owl programming, and if a instance
> was specified in my code, and how I get its data properity
> assertions? and even I can get its class name and superclass or
> subclass? I can't find a relevant function to do that.
> right now, I just can use: owlModel.getOWLNamedClass("class name")
> to specify a class, and use: getInstances to get class's instance.
> but I don't know how to do a reverse process.
>
> I will very appreciate if everyone can give me any suggestions or
> samples.

I assume you have looked at http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/ProtegeOWL_API_Programmers_Guide

For your specific question, you need to look at the java docs
    http://protege.stanford.edu/protege/3.4/docs/api/owl/
for OWLIndividual and find the appropriate methods like
    getPropertyValue
    getPropertyValues
    getRDFType
    getRDFTypes