[protege-discussion] modeling relations (was Re: protege_CODE_reuse_Chinese)

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 17 10:43:58 PST 2010

A minor note, when you add an unrelated reply to an existing thread you
increase the chance that people will miss your message and not respond.
I only noticed because I was making sure that there was no new activity
on the chinese language thread.

> I want to model different kinds of relations in protege. Whatever i
> model I can only see one kind of relationship(IS-a) in OWL-Viz.
> I want to add different relationships like referes to , consumes,
> isneeded by etc . How to model them. Is there a way out there.

These can be modeled using object properties.  I made a small ontology
(not very good by modeling standards) with some examples.