[protege-discussion] hasValue restrictions & enumerated classes in Protégé 4.0 build 115

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 19 08:56:47 PST 2010

On 11/18/2010 03:55 PM, Fernando Pessoa wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I would like to apologise for sending the same message to differente
> addresses, but I'm not sure about what is the appropriate!
>
> I have an ontology in Protégé 4.0 build 115 and I'm trying to create a
> hasValue restriction and an enumerated class. However, I can't find
> the "value" restriction type

In the class expression editor you can write this using "p value i"
where p is a property and i is an individual.

> and I can't find also the "Add class" button in the "Class Description
> View" to enumerate the individuals.

This confuses me.  To create an enumeration in Protege 4, I think you
first need to create the individuals.  You can do this in the
individuals tab by clicking the diamond with a plus sign in the members
view. (This tab has changed in the past so you may need to click
Tabs->Reset tab to default state.  You can create a class with one of
the two buttons near the upper left hand side of the classes tab.   Then
you will be able to create the enumeration as

    {i, j, k}

-Timothy