[protege-discussion] allvaluesfrom problem and rule syntax needed

Soha Said sohaelshafey at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 08:43:43 PST 2010

Hello,

I am working with protege 4.1 beta build 213, I think there may be some error,
when I have class "eat" and have some superclasses on it like:
subject only Person.
Object only EdibleFood.
and when I create instance from person and eat like eat_I1 and person_I1
respectively.
and set person_I1 is object to eat_I1.
then when I use reasoner, it doesn't configure that there is inconsistency and
that "eat_I1" can't have object from Person but from EdibleFood branch.

I think my ontology is correct but it doesn't work like what is expected.

Also, How to write in rule view this meaning
Class_A(?x),Class_A(?y),?x is SubClassOf ?y
if Class_A is a hierarchy of concepts , ?x and ?y are individuals of Some
concepts in Class_A hierarchy
and I want to know how to check that ?x is individual of some concept in Class_A
is subclass of ?y which is individual to other concept in Class_A hierarchy. How
to write it in Rules View tab in protege 4.1 beta build 213.
Thanks in advance,
Soha Said