[protege-discussion] allvaluesfrom problem and rule syntax needed

Soha Said sohaelshafey at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 08:16:57 PST 2010

Hello,
Thanks alot, It worked when I said that Person and EdibleFood are disjoint
classes
but it was working in protege 3.4.4 without this condition.

And about the rule, I think I have to do it in my code and don't depend on
protege

Also, When I want any individual for some class must have minimum and only one
other some individual

like: class eat has restrictions object exactly 1 EdibleFood and object min 1
EdibleFood
but when i create individual from eat and don't define any object to it
the reasoner doesn't catch, Is there some other constraint must be written?

and how can I write restriction can say that some class has a dataproperty can
have any value expect some value
like: class eat has dataproperty detSubj I want to say that detSubj of eat has
any value expect "there"
how can I write it? I tried many ways and doesn't work.

Thanks in advance,
Soha Said
> Hello,
>
> I am working with protege 4.1 beta build 213, I think there may be
> some error,
> when I have class "eat" and have some superclasses on it like:
> subject only Person.
> Object only EdibleFood.
> and when I create instance from person and eat like eat_I1 and
> person_I1
> respectively.
> and set person_I1 is object to eat_I1.
> then when I use reasoner, it doesn't configure that there is
> inconsistency and
> that "eat_I1" can't have object from Person but from EdibleFood
> branch.

Did you tell OWL that Person and EdibleFood are disjoint classes?

> I think my ontology is correct but it doesn't work like what is
> expected.
>
> Also, How to write in rule view this meaning
> Class_A(?x),Class_A(?y),?x is SubClassOf ?y
> if Class_A is a hierarchy of concepts , ?x and ?y are individuals of
> Some concepts in Class_A hierarchy
> and I want to know how to check that ?x is individual of some
> concept in Class_A is subclass of ?y which is individual to other
> concept in Class_A hierarchy. How to write it in Rules View tab in
> protege 4.1 beta build 213.

I don't think you can do second-order rules.