[protege-discussion] a simple questions about owl programming

Thomas Russ tar at isi.edu
Wed Nov 24 10:49:59 PST 2010

On Nov 23, 2010, at 9:28 AM, Timothy Redmond wrote:

> Here the problem is that you are using an invalid uri that gets
> passed into createJenaOWLModelFromURI.  I was able to replicate your
> exception with the following code:
>
>>         String uri = "c://foo/locationpath";
>>         OWLModel owlModel =
>> ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(uri);

My advice for dealing with filenames and URIs is to use the Java tools
to help you:

     File file = new File("c:/foo/locationpath");
     OWLModel owlModel =
ProtegeOWL.createJenaOWLModelFromURI(file.toURI());

That way you don't have to deal with the particular challenges of
getting the file: protocol URI exactly right.