[protege-discussion] Inferencing Problem

Soha Said sohaelshafey at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 10:11:39 PDT 2010

Thanks very much
I check help in protege and i found i installed protege 4.1 build 203 not 209
i download the right version and it worked correct.

Thanks very much
--------------------------
> what i should do? is there something wrong with protege 4.1 beta
> source ? does i need to download the source again?

I am doubting  that there is any problem with your copy of Protege.
Build 209 is recommended (Help->About).

You need to do the following steps:

  1. Open  the attached ontology in Protege 4.1.
  2. To see inferences  you need a reasoner.  In the Reasoner menu,
      select the HermiT reasoner.  Then select classify.
  3. You will also need to turn on the display of these  inferences in
      the  reasoner  configuration.  Go to Reasoner->Configure, select
      the displayed inferences, and make sure that the three items in
      the "Displayed Individual Inferences" are selected.
  4. Go to the Individuals tab, select the class A and then select the
      individual i and you should see the desired inferences.

-Timothy