[protege-discussion] Randomly no displayslots in Protege Client-Server-Mode until server restart.

Hanno Wunderlich hannowun at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 5 03:14:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

we are using Protege Frames (3.4) in Client-Server-Mode with following
project setup:

Project A : Contains only Classes and Slots and formular informations
(including displayslots)
Project B: Includes project A, contains some instances
Project C: Includes project A, contains some instances, contains own
formular informations (including displayslots)
Project D: Includes project C, contains some instance, contains own formular
informations for two classes

Project B,C,D are hosted on our Protege server. All projects were stored in
clips files.

Durinig usage of theese projects we are randomly observing that clients
connecting to a project can load and view it, but the defined display slots
are missing (the default display slot ...Instance_XXXXXXX is used). After
observing this problem and reconnecting to the same project (even from
another client) the display slots are still wrong. The only thing, that
solves the problem is restarting the server.

The interesting thing is, that if the display slots for project C were wrong
that does not mean that they are also wrong when connecting to project B or
D.

As multiple users are accessing the different projects at the same time we
can't always restart the server if one project shows the wrong display
slots.

Is there a way to track down, why this is happening? E.g. what
logging.properties should be used.

Or is there a way to reload only one particular project (or its display
slots) on the server, so that all other users can continue their work?

Regards,

Hanno Wunderlich

PS: Only the display slots seem to be affected. The forms are always loaded
as expected.