[protege-discussion] Exception in inference api

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 12 16:15:30 PDT 2010

You still did not send the stack trace for your exception.  An example
of a stack trace for an exception would be something like this:

    java.lang.ClassCastException:
    uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.owlapi.OWLObjectAllValuesFromImpl cannot be cast
      to org.semanticweb.owlapi.model.OWLClass
      at uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.owlapi.OWLClassImpl.compareObjectOfSameType(OWLClassImpl.java:434)
      at uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.owlapi.OWLObjectImpl.compareTo(OWLObjectImpl.java:167)
      at uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.owlapi.OWLObjectImpl.compareTo(OWLObjectImpl.java:41)
      at java.util.TreeMap.put(TreeMap.java:562)
      at java.util.TreeSet.add(TreeSet.java:255)
      at uk.ac.manchester.cs.owl.owlapi.OWLClassImpl.getSuperClasses(OWLClassImpl.java:206)

Each line in such a trace provides some additional information for a
developer to analyze.

I would say that the API is working because I have modified some code in
Protege 4 recently that looks very much like what you are writing.  The
code invoked by Protege 4.1 by File->Export Inferred Hierarchy is very
similar to yours.

-Timothy