[protege-discussion] questions

Timothy Redmond tredmond at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 19 13:06:52 PDT 2010

On 10/19/2010 04:04 AM, Phil Shields wrote:
> Hi, I am learning about protege but I don't understand where  object
> properties are identified as being attached to their individual(s) If
> I click onto an object property should the editor display the linked
> entities?

This can be seen in the individuals tab.  Click on an individual and you
will see the property values for that individual on the right.

> I am mapping documentation used in our ward and would like to identify
> data properties as being grouped into one of four domains can I do
> this?

What do you mean by this exactly? The first thing that occurs to me is
that you are saying that these four data properties can only be applied
to four different disjoint classes.  That can be said by setting the
domains of the data properties (which can be done in the properties
tab).  This could be done with an ontology something like the following:

    DataProperty: p
         Domain:

    DataProperty: q
         Domain: