[protege-discussion] questions

Phil Shields binary.nurse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 15:27:55 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Timothy Redmond <tredmond at stanford.edu> wrote:
> On 10/19/2010 04:04 AM, Phil Shields wrote:
>
> Hi, I am learning about protege but I don't understand where  object
> properties are identified as being attached to their individual(s) If
> I click onto an object property should the editor display the linked
> entities?
>

> This can be seen in the individuals tab.  Click on an individual and you
> will see the property values for that individual on the right.

Thanks! I knew it would be simple...at this stage I just couldn't see it.

> I am mapping documentation used in our ward and would like to identify
> data properties as being grouped into one of four domains can I do
> this?
>

> What do you mean by this exactly? The first thing that occurs to me is that
> you are saying that these four data properties can only be applied to four
> different disjoint classes.  That can be said by setting the domains of the
> data properties (which can be done in the properties tab).  This could be
> done with an ontology something like the following:
>
> DataProperty: p
>     Domain:
>
> DataProperty: q
>     Domain:
>
> DataProperty: r
>     Domain:
>
> DataProperty: s
>     Domain:
>
> Class: A
> Class: D
> Class: C
> Class: B
>
> DisjointClasses:
>     A,B,C,D
>

> -Timothy

Thanks for that Timothy, in a typical Medical ward the clinical
documentation has many data redundancies. Nursing has three major
theoretical domains
and they are:
Physical,Social, psychological and spiritual.
The physical documentation is grouped together in a heirachy of:

Patient identification, allergy information and event date time stamp
Admission documentation      Clinical documentation      Discharge documentation

This heirachy works very well.

Each document in the above classes have data properties such as an
blood pressure in the observation document in clinical documentation,
this would fall under the "physical" domain.
In one document most data properties fall under the physical domain
some in the social and some in the psychological. I would like to
identify what "domains" the data properties fall in to. Also I would
like to have slots between data properties in different documents
identifying their similarity to other data properties in other
documents.
This is fun and I may even map out the catastrophe that is clinical
documentation...this is a high ideal I know, but I just do one little
thing at a time..Thanks for your help,
De Phil Shields (ward nurse).

--