[protege-discussion] How to check the inconsistence

Yu Lin linikujp at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Oct 21 05:12:50 PDT 2010

Thank you,
I will try the tool.

Asiyah

--- Timothy Redmond <tredmond at stanford.edu> wrote:

> > I had no idea of what are these codes talking
> about.
> > Could anyone please tell me how to find a clue for
> solving
> > the problem?
> >

> Unfortunately I don't know how to handle this case
> yet.  The problem is
> that a reasoner will refuse to function with an
> inconsistent ontology.
> Inconsistent classes or properties are fine but when
> the whole ontology
> is inconsistent the reasoner is stuck.
> Unfortunately the best solution
> that I know for this at present is to use a command
> line tool.  Download
> pellet (http://clarkparsia.com/pellet/) and run
>
>     pellet.sh explain --inconsistent ...your
> ontology...
>

> > The previous version of protege can give
> intructions on
> > which terms or porperties are inconsistent with
> each
> > other. Unfortunately, in Protege 4 this function
> has been
> > deleted. :(
>
> This has actually been revived with the latest
> Protege 4.1 and the
> latest updates.  We should have a release with this
> functionality soon.
> But unfortunately this will still not cover your
> case.
>
> -Timothy
>

> On 10/20/2010 04:31 PM, Yu Lin wrote:
> > Hi, Dear all,
> >
> > I am using protege 4.1 version, and HermiT
> reasoner 1.3.1
> >
> > The program shows the following inconsistence log:
> >
> > Error 221 Logged at Thu Oct 21 08:14:13 JST 2010
> > InconsistentOntologyException: Inconsistent
> ontology

org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner.throwInconsistentOntologyExceptionIfNecessary(Unknown

> > Source)

org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner.checkPreConditions(Unknown
> > Source)
> >
> org.semanticweb.HermiT.Reasoner.isSatisfiable(Unknown
> > Source)

org.protege.editor.owl.ui.renderer.OWLCellRenderer$1.run(OWLCellRenderer.java:766)

org.protege.editor.owl.model.inference.ReasonerPreferences.executeTask

> > (ReasonerPreferences.java:181)

org.protege.editor.owl.ui.renderer.OWLCellRenderer.renderToken

> > (OWLCellRenderer.java:763)

org.protege.editor.owl.ui.renderer.OWLCellRenderer.highlightText

> > (OWLCellRenderer.java:721)

org.protege.editor.owl.ui.renderer.OWLCellRenderer.prepareTextPane

> > (OWLCellRenderer.java:698)

org.protege.editor.owl.ui.renderer.OWLCellRenderer.prepareRenderer

> > (OWLCellRenderer.java:469)

org.protege.editor.owl.ui.renderer.OWLCellRenderer.getTreeCellRendererComponent

> > (OWLCellRenderer.java:361)

org.protege.editor.owl.ui.tree.OWLObjectTreeCellRenderer.getTreeCellRendererComponent

> > (OWLObjectTreeCellRenderer.java:34)
> >
> javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.paintRow(Unknown
> > Source)
> >
> javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.paint(Unknown
> > Source)
> >      javax.swing.plaf.ComponentUI.update(Unknown
> Source)
> >      javax.swing.JComponent.paintComponent(Unknown
> Source)

org.protege.editor.owl.ui.tree.OWLObjectTree.paintComponent(OWLObjectTree.java:666)
> [...]
> >      javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown
> Source)
> >      javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
> >      javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown
> Source)
> >      javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
> >      javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown
> Source)
> >      javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown
> Source)
> >      javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
> >

> javax.swing.JComponent.paintWithOffscreenBuffer(Unknown
> > Source)
> >
> javax.swing.JComponent.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown
> > Source)
> >
> javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown
> > Source)
> >
> javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown
> > Source)
> >
> javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown

javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWorkRequest.run(Unknown
> > Source)
> >
> java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown

=== 以下のメッセージは省略されました ===>